Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Default Separated for 20 Years

    My question involves name change laws in the State of: Ga. I was married at an early age, seperated from husband when child was 7, five years later had a child with another man. no father name on bc. but child has husbands name. have been with childs father for 18 years now. son would like to have his fathers name. what can I do?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Toledo, OH

    Default Re: Separated for 20 Years

    You say you're separated from your husband. Did you ever divorce him?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Separated for 20 Years

    no, when I tried he refused to complete the process. since we had a minor child we were required to complete a course on divorced parents with minor children counseling. only catch both parents had to attend and he refused to do anything. after trying several times. I gave up. I wasn't planning on remarring anyway. finances was low anyway for a single mom and forced child support which barely trickled in. as the years passed it didn't matter anymore. but now my youngest want's his fathers' last name.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Separated and Pregnant
    By AliNazon in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 11:35 PM
  2. Married but Separated
    By nate12281 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:17 AM
  3. Debt Collectors: Spouse's Liability for Medical Bills; Separated > 10 Years and Living in England
    By windsweptgirlie in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 10:12 AM
  4. Separation: Separated from an Illegal Over 11 Years
    By Andrea in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
  5. Chapter 13: Married but Separated
    By Lostindebtat50 in forum Bankruptcy Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources