Default Care of a Child During a Parent's Vacation

Hello..I posted a thread on emancipation earlier about my living status in Broward County, FL..and now I have another question. My dad wants me to leave for 2-3 weeks for the summer so then he can take a vacation, because he doesn't want me home alone. He's given me two options: to find a friend to move in with, and he would check out the place or for me to go to my mothers in Pennsylvania. If I were to move in with a friend, would he be making financial arrangements since he is still a parent and that is his responsibility, regardless if I have a job? Secondly, does he have the right to say that he can literally "dump me" at my mothers when she can't support me and doesn't want me there? She would only take me in if my dad changes custody to her, which he refuses to do. Note, I am a city government employee, and I would be breaking contract leaving the state during scheduled work hours(minimum 25 per week, at 12.40 an hour).
    If neither of this were to work out, would I just have to stay home, since I am still a minor and it is not my responsibility to find a place to live and make financial arrangements. I'm sorry for the long paragraph..I appreciate all the help!

Default Re: Care of a Child During a Parent's Vacation

We have no way of knowing what arrangement he would make with your friend's parents, or if that option will even work out.

I am not in a position to guess at what's going on between your parents. But if you're trying to squeeze money out of dad, you may well find yourself dropped off at mom's house.

It would quite obviously have been helpful for you to tell us how old you are.

I'm sorry..I didn't explain myself.
    I'm 17, turning 18 in December. Emancipation was an earlier option, but he refused to go along with it, because in Florida, both parents must file a motion, and he won't do so. My parents separated when I was 8 and my dad had custody ever since.
    I'm not trying to get money from him..I'm trying to protect my money from him that I earned for college or a car. He would swear up and down to pay something for me, especially in this scenario. He said I work, but I said I'm still a minor and it's not my responsibility to pay for financial fees if he wants me to leave the house...is that true in this case?

It's between your father and the friends of whatever parent (or whatever other individual) you stay with.

So can my dad just ship me to my mom in Pennsylvania because he wants to go on a vacation, even though I would be breaking my employee contract for a city government? And would he pay for any financial accomodations?

Quote Quoting Razielmarx
    View Post
    So can my dad just ship me to my mom in Pennsylvania because he wants to go on a vacation, even though I would be breaking my employee contract for a city government? And would he pay for any financial accomodations?

Unfortunately, yes, your father can send you anywhere he wishes as long as you are legally a minor.

Talk to your employer about the situation, maybe they can give you some time off without having to break your contract or lose your job.

What if my mother won't take me in? Or does she automatically have to? Because coparenting isn't really a term known between my parents.

1. Sponsored Links