Default G.S. 20-7(E) License Restriction 9 - Cited for Fleet Vehicles Only Restriction

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: North Carolina

I was cited for "Fleet vehicles only" restriction license while driving my personal car. I took my driving test by renting a car with a car rental company. At that time I did not have a personal insurance but I had insured the car with a rental insurance. I was not aware of this restriction on my license (until I was cited recently). After buying a car I have not cleared this restriction since I was not aware of it.

1. Is this a non-moving violation?
    2. Any DL or insurance points due to this violation?
    3. Will it increase my insurance premium?
    4. Since this is my first offence, do I stand a chance to get it dismissed if I go to court (Durham county administrative court as mentioned in ticket)?

Default Re: G.S. 20-7(E) License Restriction 9 - Cited for Fleet Vehicles Only Restriction

It looks like that provision of N.C.G.S. 20-7 is punishable under N.C.G.S. 20-35 as a misdemeanor:
    Quote Quoting NCGS § 20‑35. Penalties for violating Article; defense to driving without a license.
    (a) Penalty. – A violation of this Article is a Class 2 misdemeanor unless a statute in the Article sets a different punishment for the violation. If a statute in this Article sets a different punishment for a violation of the Article, the different punishment applies.

(b) Repealed by Session Laws 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 761, s. 4.

(c) Defenses. – A person may not be convicted of failing to carry a regular drivers license if, when tried for that offense, the person produces in court a regular drivers license issued to the person that was valid when the person was charged with the offense. A person may not be convicted of driving a motor vehicle without a regular drivers license if, when tried for that offense, the person shows all the following:
    (1) That, at the time of the offense, the person had an expired license.

(2) The person renewed the expired license within 30 days after it expired and now has a drivers license.

(3) The person could not have been charged with driving without a license if the person had the renewed license when charged with the offense.

1. Sponsored Links