Angry Actual Divorce Judgement Final Date

My question involves divorce in the State of: Florida I need to know that on my Judgement of Divorce .... is the date the judge signed it on the date of the hearing the actual legal date or is the File stamped date the actual legal date of divorce. URGENT ANSWER NEEDED. TY

Default Re: Actual Divorce Judgement Final Date

Are you talking about the date upon which you're free to remarry? That would normally be the expiration of the window for the filing of an appeal by right after the judgment is entered. Please clarify your facts.

I have a divorce decree which says ordered on this day 26 Oct 2005 a judgement of divorce is entered. and has The judges signature on it.....

Then there is a file stamp date kinda sideways on the form by the top that says 02 NOV 05. which date is my ACTUAL FINAL DIVORCE DATE.....

I asked the judge when is this going to be final .. she asked why , was i in a hurry, I said,, yes, i am getting married in3 days... She said.. Yes, it is final today. He the current one who wants to be an ex because of other issues under 5 years married... says the final date is the file stamp date and he is trying to get me to get nothing saying we werent legally married.

On top of that I have a hipaa question...... He is a medical professional and told his ex wife , daughter and countless others that I jsut found out about ... all my medical and mental issues.... I need to know where to go to file a complaint or if it is ok because we were married... I never gave permission period for him to discuss this with ANYONE but my personal dr and that has been long recinded

hi, i am marley and i experience the same issue.
    hi, i am totally confused as i filed for divorce in 2007 in Queens, New York. I have not been granted divorce yet. My husband had moved out of the house in 2006, so I filed for divorce in 2007 with the reason being he 'neglected' me. He had since put my life down and had gotten lawyers to kick me out of the house which is in his name. He has our kids and refuses to sign the papers. On the final court in 2009, we finally signed the 'temporary divorce paper'. However, my lawyer told me that the divorce isn't finalized until the judge stamps it, which it never happen and I am not sure how long it'll take for it to be signed. Apparently, the judge had retired and a new judge took over. He is now trying to push back the final judgement and therefore, I am not sure if I am still married. My question is, are we still legally married or divorced or separated? I have no clue what my status is and I am now living with my girlfriend who has been supporting me since I was kicked out of the house. Can I be sued for adultery? She is trying to claim me as a domestic partner since I'd been out of work for a long time now and need insurance. Can you please advise if this can be done? thank you!

Quote Quoting AAC
    View Post
    I have a divorce decree which says ordered on this day 26 Oct 2005 a judgement of divorce is entered. and has The judges signature on it.....

Then there is a file stamp date kinda sideways on the form by the top that says 02 NOV 05. which date is my ACTUAL FINAL DIVORCE DATE.....

I asked the judge when is this going to be final .. she asked why , was i in a hurry, I said,, yes, i am getting married in3 days... She said.. Yes, it is final today. He the current one who wants to be an ex because of other issues under 5 years married... says the final date is the file stamp date and he is trying to get me to get nothing saying we werent legally married.

On top of that I have a hipaa question...... He is a medical professional and told his ex wife , daughter and countless others that I jsut found out about ... all my medical and mental issues.... I need to know where to go to file a complaint or if it is ok because we were married... I never gave permission period for him to discuss this with ANYONE but my personal dr and that has been long recinded
    In Florida you can get remarried as soon as the Judge signs your divorce decree.

The date is the date that the Judge actually signed the decree. Very very few times will any court order be stamped with a filing date that is the same as the date the Judge has signed.

In other words, you were divorced on Oct 26 2005, and as long as you were remarried on Oct 27 2005 or later your marriage would be valid.

Quote Quoting marley
    View Post
    hi, i am marley and i experience the same issue.
    hi, i am totally confused as i filed for divorce in 2007 in Queens, New York. I have not been granted divorce yet. My husband had moved out of the house in 2006, so I filed for divorce in 2007 with the reason being he 'neglected' me. He had since put my life down and had gotten lawyers to kick me out of the house which is in his name. He has our kids and refuses to sign the papers. On the final court in 2009, we finally signed the 'temporary divorce paper'. However, my lawyer told me that the divorce isn't finalized until the judge stamps it, which it never happen and I am not sure how long it'll take for it to be signed. Apparently, the judge had retired and a new judge took over. He is now trying to push back the final judgement and therefore, I am not sure if I am still married. My question is, are we still legally married or divorced or separated? I have no clue what my status is and I am now living with my girlfriend who has been supporting me since I was kicked out of the house. Can I be sued for adultery? She is trying to claim me as a domestic partner since I'd been out of work for a long time now and need insurance. Can you please advise if this can be done? thank you!
    Please start your own thread for your question, especially since you are not in the same state as the OP of this thread.

Thank you Xena... I appreciate it ... on top of everything else.. he has locked me out of my home and changed security code etc... just so frustrated and first court date isnt until end of july.... he closed my bank account after taking out my ss deposit and turned off my cell... threw all my belongings .. what he said i was allowed to have... out on the curb and said his lawyer and the sheriff office said that was perfectly ok... ugh

Thank you all. Well, the update is, the dork has now filed paperwork in Florida stating that my divorce down here is or should be void with his reasoning that I or Chad werent down here the amount of time required to file for divorce. I was down in Florida within the first 2 weeks of march of 05 and the divorce was filed , simplified, on October 4. Plenty of time and we had a residency afidavit. I have had to hire a lawyer down here and I cant because I live on 602$ disability a month but the attorney I spoke with states that she can get it dismissed if i can pay her the retainer. I am trying to figure it out and quick because the divorce action up north has been just delayed and delayed and were basically to square one and already i have had to borrow 18k to pay the lawyers in chicago... I will never be able to pay this back. The next question is....... How long does an uncontested divorce in Chicago take from file to final? Thank you alll so very much for all your insight and advice. I really need it and am so frustrated and afraid I am not going to be able to get any of my things from my home up there... He still wont let me in my home to get anything. I have heard he has nothing of mine left, he let my daughter remove it all from my home and I havent spoken to her for almost 6 months. She is on his side and she only knew him for the almost 5 years we were married. I cant believe this can happen that I can be NOT allowed in my own home because of a pending.... I may not be married to him so its all his stuff... Any further help is greatly appreciated. Aubrey

1. Sponsored Links