Default First Offense Marijuana and Paraphernalia in Colorado

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Colorado

I'm 18 and recently was caught with less than an ounce of marijuana and with my pipe. This is my first offense for this. I was not driving my car (a friend was) and we were pulled over for speeding. The officer said he had to call my parents to verify I am allowed to have the car (its under their name), but I am on the insurance to drive the car. They asked my dad if they could search the car (with no reason except the kids in the back seat have been in trouble before), and he said yes. Is that legal? And is there are chance that I can get this deferred and off my record? I have good grades, work two jobs, and I'm not a bad kid. I'm going off to Colorado School of Mines this year and need to get student loans. I can't really afford a lawyer, and don't want to get my parents too much into the situation. Any advice is very much appreciated!

Default Re: First Offense Marijuana and Paraphernalia in Colorado

Is it legal for your father to give the police permission to search his car? Yes. It's his car.

You may be able to get a deferral, depending upon what else is on your record. (Your first offense "for this" says to me that you have a record for other crimes.) Consult a local criminal defense lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links