Default Chances of Winning a Appeal

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: california. I was terminated for bringing my laptop to work. The laptop was hooked up to the modem and there was pictures of it. It was my first mistake. Since it was my first mistake do you think I have a good chance of winning my appeal? Also, do you think it help if I get myself a free attorney to represent me? Thanks.

Default Re: Chances of Winning a Appeal

An attorney at this stage would be like using a bazooka to kill a mosquito. Nor is there any guarantee that you could find an attorney to represent you for free.

As for your chances of winning, was there a company policy prohibiting you from bringing your personal laptop to work and hooked up to the company system? And if so, were you aware of it (or should you have been aware of it)?

If there was a company policy prohibiting it and you knew or should have known of the policy (for example, if it was in the company handbook which you signed without reading), then your chances are slim. If, however, there was no such policy or there was no reasonable way you could have been aware of it, then your chances are reasonably good.

I did sign a paper saying I agree to not bring any electronic devices to work. I am suppose to meet a lawyer today at 6pm. If the case is hopeless I think I will call the lawyer to cancel the meeting. Anyway, thanks for replying.

You knew about the policy and did it anyway. I don't see any chance that an attorney could help you.

1. Sponsored Links