Default Ticket for Expired Registration: Registration Sticker Not Yet Received

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: Pennsylvania
    My registration expired 3/31/10. On 4/1/10 I renewed my registration online with the PA Dept. of Transportation. I have a printout that can be shown in case of being stopped by the police. I have not yet received my new registration and sticker.
    I parked my car on a half street and saw that I had received a ticket for "Parked with Expired or Missing Registration", "Registration Sticker Expired".

I am wondering, do the police drive through half streets looking for cars with an expired registration sticker? I was legally parked, and all paperwork is legal, just have not received the sticker.

By the way, I have been driving locally with the expired sticker from 4/1/10 until 4/9/10, and have not even been stopped. This seems a bit suspicious to receive a ticket on 4/10/10 while my car is parked on a small street.

I do suspect someone reporting me, but most importantly, can I fight this ticket? ($50)

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Ticket for Expired Registration: Registration Sticker Not Yet Received

You were cited for the registration sticker being expired, which it was. On what grounds do you think you can fight it?

What, precisely, does your printout say? In most states, it's not the same as a valid sticker, and says so right on the printout. The registration is not valid until the sticker is affixed to the plate.

Default Re: Ticket for Expired Registration: Registration Sticker Not Yet Received

Thank you for the reply and the attitude. The printout says "Pennsylvania Dept. of Transportation Temporary Internet Vehicle Registration". Can be used from 4/1/10 to 4/15/10. It does not say the it is not the same as a valid sticker. It does not say that the registration is not valid untiil the sticker is affixed to the plate.
    I just spoke with the PA Dept. of Transportation and was told to show my printout to the Parking Authority who issued the ticket and the ticket will be dismissed.
    By your 'advice', I suppose I shouldn't have 'fought' the ticket and just paid up. Thank you for your expert advice.

You were asked what the printout said, not told not to fight it.

Reading comprehension is a fine thing. You'd do well to acquire that skill, it will serve you well in the future.

1. Sponsored Links