Unhappy Why Can't I Leave The State?

I really need as much as I can get and I'll try to keep this short:

Im on probo for 1 year for a MIP, I was 20 at the time and currently I'm 21. I am from Rochester, Michigan. My probo is very strict, no drinking, $850 in court fines approx. which I have all paid off, attend MADD which I'm going to on Thursday, attend a drinking and drug class for one weekend from 10am-5pm, 30 hours of community service, drug tests (paid by me), BAC tests when I go in every month for probo, and I cant leave the state without permisson. Basically I went to my officer and the first thing she says as long as youre on good standing you can leave the state up to 2 weeks long. SO i was really excited because my great aunt booked tickets without my knowledge May15-18, so I figured Id be able to go visit her. Well my probo officer tells me I must have a letter from my parents stating they know Im leaving the state. I dont understand this because Im 21, I havent lived with my parents for 3 years, Im on good standing, probably even ahead., and I am an adult why is any of my parents business and how can they deny me to leave. I wrote a letter on behalf of myself and of course it was denied. My probo officer said its totally up to the judge and she cant do anything for me...Im stressing cause Im going no matter what but I just dont want any drama...Of course like I said my letter was denied and I havent really had a reason except that I didnt have my parents write a letter. It seems as though everywhere else in Michigan who I have talked to are allowed to leave the state and they are on probo for more harsh crimes, I even heard my friends friend whos 17 was allowed to go to Cancun and Im going to Washington DC, PARTY CITY right??? IM soooo frustrated please help me and anyone whos under 21 dont drink in Rochester, Michigan or youre screwed...THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Default Travel to another state

Why not just have your parents write the letter?

Default Well yes

I understand thats an option and its my last trust me i just feel like Im being violated as an adult...Plus I dont want to and im very strong about not telling them, they pay for my car and health insurence and they would stop paying for it if they knew...I just wanted to know if there was any rule that you HAVE to have a letter from your parents.

You can check the terms of your probation. Beyond that, if the probation officer wants the letter, you're either going to have to provide the letter or take the issue to the sentencing court for a hearing (which I personally wouldn't do without the help of a lawyer). You may also be able to try to get a different deal from the probation officer's supervisor, but if that fails (or even if it succeeds) you might find that your probation gets even more strict....

1. Sponsored Links