Unhappy Dropping Temporary Custody Order/No Contact Order

New Jersey

My daughter's father was granted temporary custody of our child in Feb 09. There was a no contact order put in place between our daughter & my boyfriend which he claimed we violated (we didn't) with virtually no proof. The reason the no contact order was put in place was because my boyfriend & I had a domestic dispute due to his drinking problem & there were charges filed against him. He immediately put himself into an outpatient program & started attending AA meetings etc. He has now been sober for 17 months & we have a 5 month old son together. I want to get the no contact order dropped so that the 4 of us can be together as a family again. As of now, on the days I have my daughter my boyfriend has to stay at his father's house. I also want to get the temporary custody order dropped because I now only have my daughter about 30-40% of the time & it has been very hard on both of us.

I can't afford an attorney because with me staying home with my children & only having one income (my boyfriend's) our budget is extremely tight. I contacted Legal Services & they were not able to help me, so I would have to represent myself. I'm not sure where to start. I don't know if it would be best to start with having the no contact order dropped, or try to get both dropped in one shot. I just want to be a family again.

Default Re: Dropping Temporary Custody Order/No Contact Order

Is this a restraining order against your boyfriend, or is this part of the custody order pertaining to your parenting time issued by the judge in charge of your custody case?

Default Re: Dropping Temporary Custody Order/No Contact Order

It's not in our custody agreement. He took me to court claiming that our daughter is not safe around my boyfriend, & the judge put in order in place that states my boyfriend cannot have any contact with my daughter. I don't think it's a restraining order though.

1. Sponsored Links