Default Getting Paid Expense Checks Instead of Salary During H1B Transfer

Hi,
    I am currently working for company A in TX on H1B status since October'09.Now,I have got a very good opportunity at Company B in Los Angeles.I have sent my H1B documents to Company B for processing my H1B transfer.Company B has asked me join on April 12,2010.They said that as they will be filing under premium processing,my H1B would get transferred by May 15,2010 and put me on their Payroll on June 1,2010.Now,I don't want to loose this opportunity as I have got it almost after a year of trying for it.I have researched some websites and found out that Company B can pay me Expense checks instead of running my payroll till my H1B transfer gets approved.Is there any risk in doing that?My biggest concern is,just in case my H1B transfer gets denied,I won't be able to go back to Company A after quiting the job next week.What is the best possible way I can handle this situation so that I don't jeopardize my H1B status?Please suggest me the most safest option.

Default Re: H1b Transfer,getting Paid Expense Checks Till H1b Transfer Approval

What websites claim you can be paid in this manner?

Default Re: Getting Paid Expense Checks Instead of Salary During H1B Transfer

Sorry about the confusion there....Regarding the website research you asked,What I meant to to ask was whether they can keep me on their payroll AND pay me Expense checks for the expenses incurred in travelling due to the nature of the job as soon as I get the H1B transfer receipt..I just realized I forgot to put this line(of H1B transfer receipt) in the question I asked above..Thanks for pointing out the mistake!

As long as you were properly in status when the transfer petition was filed and have received the receipt, you may begin working for your new employer as a normal employee. There is no need to so any funny accounting; that will create other problems for you. If you have other concerns, consult with an immigration attorney of your choosing or ask your employer if you may speak with the one who filed the petition on your behalf.

Why would you expect the new petition to be denied? Are you a regular employee of the employer for whom you are working? Are you working for a consulting company placed at a client's worksite?

First of all Sir,Thanks for your reply.I highly appreciate it.Now,regarding your questions---I don't expect my H1B approval to be denied but I am just thinking of Plan B in case my H1B transfer is denied as an H1B receipt doesn't guarantee an H1B transfer approval.Please correct me if I am wrong.I am a regular full-time employee of Company A I am working with.The Company B(Consultant) will be placing me on a project at Company C(Client) site and it's the Company B(Consultant) that has filed for my H1B transfer.Having said that,in case my H1B transfer gets denied(considering I have got an H1B transfer receipt and waiting for approval),can I go back to Company A?My only concern is that once I join Company B(after getting H1B transfer receipt),Company A will terminate me but then what will happen if my H1B transfer is not approved as merely a receipt doesn't guarantee an approval,right?

1. Sponsored Links