Question Lying About Assets to a Bankruptcy Court - Will You Get Charged With Fraud

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: Virginia

I'm going to try and make a long story short.

I know someone that has filed for bankruptcy. They haven't had their meeting with the creditors yet but it is scheduled. For the past 6 months though they've been living lavishly. About 1 month before they actually 'filed', meaning paid the lawyer and got the process started, they bought 60+ inch TV's, surround sound equipment, Louis Vutton purse and wallet, Tiffany's sunglass and 2 pieces of jewelry... and the list goes on. They bought all of that with their tax return which was directly deposited into thier account so even if they took the money out in cash and spent it, it's still on their bank record where that money was withdrawn.
    On their profile on a networking site they brag about it.
    I took all this information to the trustee of their case. I found out that they only claimed 2 TV's (not the 3 I know they have), 100 dollars in the bank and 100 dollars in jewelry (not including her wedding ring). So OBVIOUSLY she isn't claiming ALL of her assets. I gave the trustee everything I had printed out to prove she is lying. And now she is trying to sell the 3rd tv on a website. I told the trustee about that too and she is looking into it.

My question is, is this bankruptcy fraud? Would she be procecuted for it? What will probably happen at the meeting with the creditors?

Default Re: Lying About Assets to a Bankruptcy Court - Will You Get Charged With Fraud

Maybe. Maybe. I can't tell you.

Default Re: Lying About Assets to a Bankruptcy Court - Will You Get Charged With Fraud

Why is it your business?

1. Sponsored Links