Default Misdemeanor Marijuana Charge

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

I was pulled over last night for window tint, and had a small amount of personal use marijuana in my car. I was issued a misdemeanor charge, 23222 (b) vc . In November of 2009 I was driving through Nevada and was pulled over for speeding. I recieved a misdemeanor for possession of paraphernalia , small glass pipe I had forgot was in my glove box. My question is will this paraphernalia charge leave me uneligable for a DEJ or Defered Entry of Judgement for this recent charge of possession of marijuana? and yes, I have very well learned my lesson... thanks for your answers

Default Re: Misdemeanor Marijuana Charge

My question is will this paraphernalia charge leave me uneligable for a DEJ or Defered Entry of Judgement for this recent charge of possession of marijuana?
    Yes. A DEJ is for first offenders, which you no longer are.

Default Re: Misdemeanor Marijuana Charge

I was afraid that would be the case. So just that im 100% clear, it does not matter that the first charge was out of state? Also for the DEJ since I was not caught or charged with marijuana in Nevada, only possession of the pipe, I will still not be eligable? I guess in a nutshell im asking, is being charged with drug possession for the first time make me a first time offender or does the paraphinila charge make me a 2nd time offender. I realize the pipe is drug related, but dosent it even look a tiny bit better then being charged with drug possession.

also, I found that in california apparently possession of marijuana paraphernalia is not a misdemeanor. Is this true? And if so then wouldnt my first charge in Nevada for marijuana paraphernalia not be valid in california court?

1. Sponsored Links