Default How To Expunge Or Seal A Record

I'm in Michigan, wondering if records are easily sealed here? Or not at all? How can I get them Expunged, if ever? Thanks

Looking into a career in Law Enforcement. My record isn't a killer or so I've been told by Law Enforcement, but I sure would like to know what, if anything I can do.

Judicial Segment: Misdemeanor Operating with any B.A.C. (MCL 257.6256-A)

Date of Offense: 12/17/2002 (I was 17 years old at the time, does that make me a minor?) I was sentenced 2/12/2003, and I was 18 at the time of sentencing, which I received 12months probation(completed sucessesfully).

I went to Adult, regular court for this, not kiddie court.

-------------------
    Plead Nolo Contd to,

Misdemeanor Larceny less than $200 (MCL 750.3565)
    Probation 60days, Fine $100 , Restitution $60 dollars.

Incident date 4/2/2003. I was 18.
    It was over a stolen jar of spare change ontop of a refigerator.

----

I'm 21 years old now, would like a little advice, and guidance. I understand I must wait 5 years to expunge a conviction, however you can't have more than 1 misdemeanor count as an adult. A crime I commited at 17, does that make me a minor, or an adult? Just curious.

Thanks guys.

Default Expungement in Michigan

Unfortunately, Michigan does not permit expungement of traffic offenses, and does not permit expungements where the petitioner has more than one criminal conviction, so it does not appear that you would qualify.

Darn, how about getting them sealed?

Is that something that is even possible in Michigan, if so, what's the probability?

Thanks for the guidance ExpertLaw, your knowledge and time, are both greatly appreciated.

I do not know of an alternative for you. You can ask a local lawyer to see if they are aware of any options.

Unfortunately, Michigan does not have a particularly generous expungement law. (But it still beats those states which don't offer any expungement or sealing option, and those which have an even more restrictive statute....)

Default Re: Expungement in Michigan

Quote Quoting expertlaw
    Unfortunately, Michigan does not permit expungement of traffic offenses, and does not permit expungements where the petitioner has more than one criminal conviction(for one state, can I get expunged if I have another criminal conviction in another state), so it does not appear that you would qualify.
    I have a DUI in Ohio and a retail theft charge (not convicted yet) in PA. Can I get my record in Ohio (DUI) expunged?

Default Re: Expunged/Sealed records help

What about the Holmes Youthful Offender Act?

http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/da...0s/op05373.htm

Any great legal mind can offer insight onto what this is saying, in legal termonology?

I read it, but it was somewhat brash.

Thanks again.

Default Re: Expunged/Sealed records help

HYTA provides for alternative sentencing. If you weren't sentenced under HYTA, it's not available to you.

1. Sponsored Links