Default Finding Out Who Somebody Is

Hello, forgive me if this is not appropriate but I am researching for storywriting purposes and decided it'd be best if I consult people who might actually know the exact answers.

If an individual had an accident that resulted in amnesia thus he is unable to recall any memories and there are no ways to trace his backgrounds through any database (fingerprints, documentations, DNA, other people etc.), how will the law handle such a case? Let's say from analysis of his characteristics and factors such as speech that it is possible that he is not an uneducated homeless person or an illegal alien. How would it be clarified? After he is fit to be discharged from the hospital, will they just let him walk off without a clue and aim?

Also, if an individual somehow has no birth certificate and never gone through any official identification process yet has been privately educated and trained with skills, can he ever enter society as a normal verified citizen?

I know laws vary from state to state but I am hoping to find an answer in general. I hope to get some response, or maybe someone can tell me what type of laws I should read up on. Thank you.

Default Re: Finding Out Who Somebody Is

I know laws vary from state to state but I am hoping to find an answer in general.
    There really isn't a general answer. What state are you setting this story in?

That would be Singapore, it's a tricky one because Singapore is an island and it isn't common having people not registered with any identification popping out from nowhere.

If you want to be realistic, you'd need to talk with an attorney in Singapore, which is a country, not just an island.

As Singapore is pretty close to a police state the person would probably be thrown into jail until they could prove who they are.

Your character would be a stateless person. It has been done.

1. Sponsored Links