Default Seatbelt Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington Not Dc

Hello there, just about an hour ago me and a couple of my friends were pulled over. I wasn't paying attention to what really happened but my apparently my friend changed lanes recklessly without looking in his rear view mirror. I was a passenger in the back seat. Supposedly the cop said to me that I didn't have my seat belt on, but i really did. my other two friends beside me didn't because well they're kind of big, so they put the belts on right quick but I had my seat belt on the whole time. Since im only 15 and didn't have my State ID with me but only my ASB card he only has my name. He told me that he was going to send me a ticket through the mail. When I tried to talk to back to the officer saying I did have my belt on he said "Don't play stupid with me, i don't have dumb written on my forehead, i saw you moving around". I didn't want to bother and fight back against the cop. Whats wrong with being curious and looking behind me when i see flashing lights coming from the back anyways? I heard from a friend that they tell you this to be used a scare tactic to make sure you wear your seat belt at all times but i am pretty iffy about that. I just want to know if i do get a ticket, what would be a good way to explain to them i honestly did have my belt on? because i honestly did. Thanks.

Another thing to that is, my friends car in the back the middle seatbelt where i sat is the older style ones where it doesnt over your fully body but around your waist.

Default Re: Seatbelt Ticket Stuff

If you do get a ticket, expect it in about ten days. But since it was a lap belt, I'm pretty sure this ones easy.

It's virtually impossible for the officer to see that you're strapped in on one of these belts. Unless your friend's car is made of glass, I think you can explain the circumstance, if needed, to the judge and you'll get off fine.

1. Sponsored Links