Default Quitting Part-Time Work After 1 Day on Collecting Unemployment

I live in California and am currently on Unemployment.

I am on my second extension and have a few months left before it runs out. Anyways today I took a job far away from my home without thinking about the consequences. Anyways I need to quit it tomorrow. Gas money will be to much and the travel time and wear and tear on my car will be a huge hassle which means I won't be able to even pay my rent and I will also loose my foodstamps. Will this affect my unemployment if I quit after 4 hours of work? Also how should this be reported on my claim. Should I ask the employer if my forms had been processed yet and if not just tell him not to pay me for the day or not to process the forms? If they have been what should i do? I am really worried. I don't want to be homeless and the job would be great but it is just to far.

Default Re: Quitting Part-Time Work After 1 Day on Collecting Unemployment

I would read through CA's Unemployment manual.

In Michigan, you can quit work within 60 days if it is unsuitable (you tried something you are not experienced in), or too far of a distance (significantly further of a drive than your former workplace). You could also call the Unemployment office, explain the case, and see what they have to say.

When filing, it is best to be honest. If CA works like Michigan, it will delay your check. Here, they send a questionaire, you fill it out, mail it, continue to certify, and they make a determination.

1. Sponsored Links