Question Car Towed from My Apartment Complex

My question involves towing laws for the State of: Florida

I awoke today to find that my car had been towed from my own apartment complex. My car is properly tagged, registered, and has the brand new sticker decal issued to me by the apartment complex placed in the window. I was not the only one towed. About 10-15 other residents were also towed because a) they didn't have the new decal in their window or b) the towing company did not see the new decal. My case was the second.

One of the women in charge confirmed that my car had been towed because they did not see the decal and said that the towing company will bring back my car and that she would call when this was done. I waited two hours and then called the towing company to see what the status was. They replied that they were not bringing my car back and I had to come get it. No charge was to be issued for the accidental towing. The woman at the front had lied.

Unfortunately, I do not have any way of getting my car. My family lives up north and my close friends are not available till much later. I cannot get to work without my car. I was thinking of taking a taxi to go get my car (about 12 miles away) and charging the complex for the cost of having to get it. But if they refuse I worry that I will be out quite a bit of money. This has been stressing me all day. Are there any other actions that I should be taking? And should I take this taxi and bill them? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Car Towed from My Apartment Complex

If you prefer to let your car sit in the lot because you don't want to pay for a taxi, and have no friends with cars, that's your choice to make. Personally, I would find a friend or get a taxi. Taxis aren't that expensive. Or see if somebody from the office would give me a ride.

1. Sponsored Links