Threaded View

Question "Detention and Removal" Notice by Mistake - How to Get Clearance from DHS

Recently I attended a visa interview at the US consulate in India along with my children and they mentioned that there are "Detention and Removal" notices against us by DHS (in Dec 2009) and need to get the clearance from DHS to get our visas approved.

We had been in the US before and had conditional green cards (I-551) endorsed in our passports during Feb 2007. But we had to return to India, 3 days after our I-551 stamping, due to a medical emergency. I have been living/working in India for the past 3 years.

Unfortunately the departure records from US to India were not updated properly (maybe due to the short gap between the endorsement and return travel) and when I went for my employment visa last week, they mentioned there are "Dention and Removal" notices against us by DHS since we did not remove the conditions on our conditional green card. The US consular officials in India asked me to get the clearance from DHS to get our visas approved. How do I proceed to get this clearance? This is an administrative issue and we have not overstayed in the US.

1. Sponsored Links