Default Will a Pending Indictment Show Up on a Background Check

My question involves a background check in the State of: WV
    Indicted for foodstamp fraud for overpayment but I now live in another state. Awaiting pretrial hearing to see for trial or not. Lawyer says if show good faith in repayment prosecutor will drop all charges now making payments but was laid off. I am a healthcare professional with many kids and breadwinner for family and i was collecting for a brief period when finances were hard. Given a new job offer with a great company and pay but pending results of background check. I was Asked if ever convicted of a crime and I put no I have never been arrested/fingerprinted before not even for this indictment and have always followed the law. Will indictment show up on background check if in another state when I dont live there anymore? I gave name dob ss# current and previous address for the background check. Can a level two background be done with this information If I dont get this job family will be homeless because wont be able to pay our bills. I am just worried sick.

Default Re: Pending Indictment Show Up on Background Check

As has been said many times before, all background checks are not created equal. They are not one-size-fits-all. What shows in any given background check depends on what information the employer requests. There is no way to see what will and will not show without knowing what information the employer wants.

I called a few large scale backround check companies and they said they cannot release pending charges due to the fair credit reporting act. It causes unfair prejudice for crimes that have not yet been proven guilty. BUT if the company your applying for decides to use ecourts just to check, then they will find out because its public information.

Default Re: Will a Pending Indictment Show Up on a Background Check

Then there's your answer.

We have no way of knowing how the employer will research the information. We also have no way of knowing if they will even be looking at criminal history. You'll simply have to wait and find out what comes out.

Quote Quoting ScKcBc
    View Post
    I called a few large scale backround check companies and they said they cannot release pending charges due to the fair credit reporting act. It causes unfair prejudice for crimes that have not yet been proven guilty. BUT if the company your applying for decides to use ecourts just to check, then they will find out because its public information.
    Thank You! Was one of the companies you called choicepoint? I am not for sure if this is the company they use but would almost guarantee it because it is an insurance company. I am worried sick. An honest mistake could cost me my career. I wasnt even aware of the overpayment because they notified me at my old address and I quess when I didnt respond back that is when they decided to charge me through the state. Had I gotten the letter from DHHR about the overpayment I would of immediately made arrangement to pay back then.

1. Sponsored Links