Default San Mateo County, California Parking Ticket

recently I received a parking ticket for parking on the curb at a college campus.
    it said "21113A38 CVC Location Not Designated Parking"
    The officer's comment was "you must park in marked stalls only.(roadway)

When I parked I was looking for parking but there was none. I saw a the whole parking lot filled with cars, even on the curb side. So I was driving around and I saw a lady leave her parking spot on the curb, so I parked where she parked. There was enough room between the stalls and the curb for cars to move through and everybody else was parking on the curb. Do I have any chance at winning this?

EDIT: if it helps, this parking lot was just recently constructed, within the last year.

I feel that I shouldn't have gotten this ticket because at many other places it is ok to park on the curb...

Thanks

Default Re: San Mateo County, California Parking Ticket

Because other places might allow you to park along the curb does not grant you permission to park there in that particular lot.

What do the signs say at the entry? Do they specify parking in designated stalls only? Is the curb painted red or a sign indicating no parking or a fire lane?

You might want to get pictures of the area and bring them with you when you contest the citation. Be sure to follow the instructions to contest the parking citation immediately as you have a short window in which to begin that process.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Because other places might allow you to park along the curb does not grant you permission to park there in that particular lot.

What do the signs say at the entry? Do they specify parking in designated stalls only? Is the curb painted red or a sign indicating no parking or a fire lane?

You might want to get pictures of the area and bring them with you when you contest the citation. Be sure to follow the instructions to contest the parking citation immediately as you have a short window in which to begin that process.
    From what I remember(i'll go there to check today to make sure), there are no signs that says you can't park on the curb nor is the curb painted red or a fire lane. The signs at the entry say that you must have a permit when parking, which I do have. I got the ticket on feb 8th and it says i have 21 days to contest the violation. which means my deadline is monday.

Quote Quoting Steeze
    View Post
    From what I remember(i'll go there to check today to make sure), there are no signs that says you can't park on the curb nor is the curb painted red or a fire lane. The signs at the entry say that you must have a permit when parking, which I do have. I got the ticket on feb 8th and it says i have 21 days to contest the violation. which means my deadline is monday.
    Well, you can take photos and present your argument. The worst thing that happens is the review panel rejects your argument and you have to pay the fine ... which, you might have to do before they will schedule the hearing anyway.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links