Default Failure to Appear

hi, i received a moving violation, then got a letter in the mail regarding the ticket. i went online but nothing was posted up. So i went to court the day i have to give my plea, and when i walked up to the clerk, she told me that there was no record of this violation. so i went home, and today i received a failure to appear ticket. i did not get anything from the clerk showing that i was there on the plea date, but she did type up stuff in the computer to check my record. What am i going to say to the judge now, how would they believe me that i was actually there. please help

Default Re: Failure to Appear

Quote Quoting PRPLCAM
    View Post
    hi, i received a moving violation, then got a letter in the mail regarding the ticket. i went online but nothing was posted up. So i went to court the day i have to give my plea, and when i walked up to the clerk, she told me that there was no record of this violation. so i went home, and today i received a failure to appear ticket. i did not get anything from the clerk showing that i was there on the plea date, but she did type up stuff in the computer to check my record. What am i going to say to the judge now, how would they believe me that i was actually there. please help
    Please Include The Name Of Your State

california is the state where the ticket was issued

Quote Quoting PRPLCAM
    View Post
    california is the state where the ticket was issued
    Ok, sooo...
    Quote Quoting PRPLCAM
    View Post
    then got a letter in the mail regarding the ticket.
    What did ^that^ letter say?
    Quote Quoting PRPLCAM
    View Post
    today i received a failure to appear ticket.
    What do you mean a failure to appear ticket? Do you mean a letter notifying you that you failed to appear?

If that is the case, then it should say something to the effect that you have to appear/pay within 10 days of the letter date otherwise, an FTA charge +fine gets added, matter sent to collection, DMV notified and your license suspended...

Another question... Does your citation show your current address?

As for what you tell the judge, there's realy not much you can say... First you should have had the clerk stamp your ticket (or give you proof of appearance) when you appeared, but even then, you should have periodically checked with the court or online to see when your court appearance is scheduled for!

1. Sponsored Links