Hybrid View

Default Will Pending Felony Charges Show Up on a Background Check

My question involves criminal law for the state of: NY

Ive been charged/indicted with multiple felony charges involving theft. Im out on bail and I have secured well known high profile crime attorney. I'm now trying to get a normal job to get back on my feet. I had an interview this morning with a very large home improvement corporation that has 3 billion in sales and 9000+ employees. The position does not involve any money or assets being handled. I was told by my interviewer that a background check will be required and I'm curious to know if my pending charges will show up. I did call a background check company called AAA and they said in general, pending cases are not released to companies when a check is performed. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Default Re: Will Pending Felony Charges Show Up on a Background Check

We have no more insight than the background check company would - that is, we can only tell you that generally, pending charges do not show up.

We can't make any assurances, nor can we make specific commentary for any individual company.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    We have no more insight than the background check company would - that is, we can only tell you that generally, pending charges do not show up.

We can't make any assurances, nor can we make specific commentary for any individual company.
    I know, I'm not holding anyone accountable for my future here, I was just posting to get a general idea.

If the background check is based upon a private database, updated periodically, then it's possible that the charges won't appear. If it's the policy of the background check company to only release information about convictions, then I would expect them to follow their policy. But if the employer runs your record with the state, I would expect the abstract to show the pending charges.

curious to know did you get the job? Did the charges show or not? What company did they use?

1. Sponsored Links