Default Paid for Real Estate Conference I No Longer Want to Attend

in 2006, I paid a down payment for a real estate conference, I had 30 days to get a refund in which I did not because I thought it was something I really wanted to do. Now 4 years down the road, I don't want to go to a real estate conference and I would like my 2,5k back. Is there anyway to do this? I thought of a couple possible ways, and maybe someone here can give me more advice.

1. they have a 30 day money back guarantee, could I pay the rest of my payment, and request a total refund with in 30 days?

2. I never signed the contract they gave me to sign, is there anyway possible I could get out of it because of that?

Any other options I might have? I tried the BBB and they couldn't help me because it was over 1 year old they said.

Thanks for your opinions.

Default Re: Paid for Real Estate Conference I No Longer Want to Attend

You put $2,500 down on a real estate conference back in 2006, with the conference to occur in 2010? That seems odd.

Refunds will ge governed by your contract. As I can't read your contract from here, I can't tell you if the game you propose in #1 is viable. You never signed a contract, but apparently were aware of the terms when you sent in the check.

No, it was for 2006, but I couldn't afford the rest of it that year either, so I told them to hold the money for a later date.

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
    Dear Valued Customer,
    ---- provides thousands of students with the highest quality training and
    products on the market, backed by our iron-clad guarantee. To ensure your
    satisfaction, we have included our Satisfaction Guarantee below. Please read it,
    sign it, and return it to us. Because we value our customers, and it is our desire
    that there be no misunderstanding regarding our policies, your order will not be
    shipped until we receive this signed form back from you.
    Satisfaction Guarantee
    ---- offers a guaranteed refund for any product returned to us within 30 days of original ship date
    (shipping/handling charges are non-refundable). Products must be returned in good, marketable condition in
    original container. Please call for return authorization and instructions PRIOR to returning any
    product for a refund. Return authorization will not be issued via email. Any product returned without a return
    authorization number will be assessed an additional $15 processing fee. ----home study courses include
    various anti-fraud devices and technologies designed to prevent illegal copying. These may include, but are not
    limited to: binder clips, software seals, anti-copy paper, anti-copy CD's etc. If ANY of these anti-fraud devices are
    determined by ---- to have been opened, cut, tampered with or compromised in any way, ---- will
    NOT accept the product for a refund. All returned products will be subject to a 10% restocking fee. Credit card
    refunds will be credited to the purchasing credit card within 30 days of product return. If you have questions
    concerning charges or credits to your credit card, please call before disputing the charge with your credit card company.
    Live Training:
    If you cannot attend the event you are scheduled for due to a conflict, you may reschedule to a different event for
    no penalty. Any rescheduling must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the event you are
    registered for. You have 30 days from the date you register to cancel your live event registration. A "Live Event
    Cancellation Request" form must be completed for all cancellations. After a cancellation request form has been
    received by ----, and once all cancellation requirements for the particular event have been met, it can take
    up to 30 days for a refund to be fully processed. All cancellations will be subject to a $250 cancellation fee. You
    agree you will not dispute this transaction with your bank or Credit Card Company while we are processing your
    return. If for any reason you don’t see your refund after 30 days, please give us a call at -----
    Nonattendance of any live event is not grounds for a refund and none will be given. Please call ---- for
    more information.
    Service Refund Policy
    All sales on services such as credit repair services and mentoring services are final and no refunds will be given.
    The Satisfaction Guarantee may also be viewed online at: ---- under “Refund Policy and FAQ”.
    By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above terms and conditions.
    Signature Date
    Printed

To which I never signed, any help?

Well any advice? Could I pay the rest and then request a refund in 30 days? would that not be counted as a 30 day refund policy? thanks

Oregon now, but will probably end up back in Nevada someday

You have 30 days from the date you register to cancel your live event registration.
    In my opinion, it hinges on this statement. When you paid the down payment in 2006, did you register for one of their events?
    If yes, then I think you're out of luck. If no, then you probably have a valid argument, but I would bet after 4 years they'll hesitate on the refund.

I did attend to go to one of their events, but I asked for a refund in 2008. So it has been 2 years since my initial asking. But I didn't sign the agreement, would that get me out of it?

1. Sponsored Links