Hybrid View

Default Appealing a Denial by EDD

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of California.

Hello. I'm in the process of appealing a denial by EDD. Briefly, I worked for a legal document support company, who has a contract with a law firm for office services. I quit my job because my co-workers were engaged in falsifying their timesheets (on a grand scale), and who were attempting to intimidate me into silence. I addressed it with my superiors at the main office; but they had little interest in addressing that issue. Instead they were more concerned with keeping the information from the firm to protect their contract - and more interested in keeping me quit. (FYI: the law firm now knows about it).

Anyway, EDD stated they didn't see a connection. I submitted a three-page appeal along with seven exhibits (ranging from e-mail correspondence requesting another position within the company to my notes I created before I called the owner to relay what was happening). I'm hopeful the detailed response will "save-the-day," but I'm under no illusion that winning an appeal for quitting is an uphill battle.

So now, I'm preparing for the oral hearing. Please, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: EDD Appeal Advice Needed

All you can do is tell the truth. There really are no tips, tricks, words to say to help your case...Just do what I did, Go in there with the evidence you can come up with and truthfully state your side of the story.

Then hope for the best.

Good Luck to you.

1. Sponsored Links