Question Texas Speeding Ticket, No Alleged Speed, Speed Limit or Code Violated Listed

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: Texas, nueces county, city of corpus Christi.

Today I was given a citation for "Speeding". There is no alleged or radar speed. There is no speed limit listed on the ticket. Under the violation (a) is listed "Speeding", but no code violated.

The officer admitted that he did not have me on radar and since he was in the opposing lane of traffic it was impossible for him to pace me. Additionally, he only saw me come around a corner. The corner has an advised speed of 10 and I did take it at ~25. However I easily maintained my lane and the ticket was not cited for careless or reckless driving. I was actually suprised that the ticket was for speeding or that it was a ticket at all and not a warning.

I believe I should fight this. What is the best way to go about this?

Default Re: Texas Speeding Ticket, No Alleged Speed, Speed Limit or Code Violated Listed

About all you can do in court is attempt to convince the court that the officer's perceptions were wrong and that you weren't speeding. (Or, I suppose, plea bargain, or pray that the officer fails to appear.)

1. Sponsored Links