Default What Sort of Evidence Should I Bring to My EDD Appeals Hearing

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California

I was fired on 12/06/09 and filed for Unemployment Insurance the next day. I was denied when my GM told lies to EDD. I filed an appeal. The GM has since been fired herself. The owner of my former employment has stated he will support me at the trial and say that he has no claim for denying my benefits and that the stated denial by EDD of "Employee Broke Reasonable Employer Rules" is mistaken. He said he will say this at the hearing.

I have been told that it is even better if they no-show. In that case the court will default a ruling in my favor. Is it better for the owner to show or not? Or not show but submit a written affidavit of support in me? Or not?

I have no written documentation of misconduct, broken rules or anything else that the former GM said I did. Nor was I given a written reason for my termination at the time or since, nor was I asked to sign anything. What should I try and collect before my hearing? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: What Sort of Evidene Should I Bring to My EDD Appeals Hearing

The employer not showing does NOT guarantee you a ruling in your favor, Rather It just helps your case..I don't understand why half of this stuff is even in question. If your unemployment benefits are important to you, Why wouldn't you come prepared and with all the evidence possible?

Default Re: What Sort of Evidence Should I Bring to My EDD Appeals Hearing

hemipowered, the OP can't prove a negative. If there are no warnings, etc., there IS nothing to bring.

Written statements are not normally allowed, since a "statement" can't be questioned by the hearing officer.

1. Sponsored Links