Default No Continued Claim Form Attached to My UI Check

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: CA

Hello,

I've been recieving benefits in state of CA for a month now and I was W2'd for a temp job on the 2nd week of my claim form and notated that it was just a temp job for 40 hours for the one week and would not continue. When my check was mailed I was only paid for the one week of no work as I expected but there was no claim for to fill out and turn in. Could this be due to the fact that only one week in the new 2 week period has only passed and a claim form will be mailed out this week to complete or am I not going to recieve claim forms anymore?

Last claim was for periods ending 1/31/10. So next period techincally isnt until this friday 2-12-10 so I'm guessing that I will get a claim form this week to fill out for the past 2 weeks correct?

Thank you!

Default Re: No Continued Claim Form Attached to My UI Check

Quote Quoting scooterlam
    View Post
    My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: CA

Hello,

I've been recieving benefits in state of CA for a month now and I was W2'd for a temp job on the 2nd week of my claim form and notated that it was just a temp job for 40 hours for the one week and would not continue. When my check was mailed I was only paid for the one week of no work as I expected but there was no claim for to fill out and turn in. Could this be due to the fact that only one week in the new 2 week period has only passed and a claim form will be mailed out this week to complete or am I not going to recieve claim forms anymore?

Last claim was for periods ending 1/31/10. So next period techincally isnt until this friday 2-12-10 so I'm guessing that I will get a claim form this week to fill out for the past 2 weeks correct?

Thank you!
    You should have gotten a continuing claim form for the following two week period along with your check. Reporting income for one or both of the preceeding weeks shouldn't matter. There was a snafu a few weeks back where about 170,000 checks were mailed out without continuing claim forms. However, I was under the impression that that was resolved. Did you report your income source as a temporary job ? That may make a difference if EDD views this as your " new " employer or something of that nature. Let us know what happens.

got the continued claim form in the mail today. I'll wait until the end of the week to mail it like it says. If the box is not marked X i dont have to complete the back portion correct?

Quote Quoting scooterlam
    View Post
    got the continued claim form in the mail today. I'll wait until the end of the week to mail it like it says. If the box is not marked X i dont have to complete the back portion correct?
    Any explanation given as to why the usual 2-week continuing claim form wasn't included with your check ? If you find out why please let us know.

Quote Quoting scooterlam
    View Post
    What do you mean marked X, and not having to fill out the back?

1. Sponsored Links