Default Ticketed for a Red Light Violation when Light Was Yellow

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Arizona

Hello - I recently received a red light violation from a camera. I was making a right turn, the light turned yellow before entering the intersection and turned red about half way through my turn. The camera clocked my speed at 15 and the red light duration was 0.1 second. I was sent information to view the video and supporting photos. In the video you can clearly see the light was yellow when I entered the intersection and when it turned red. Do I have a clear fight? It's my understanding the state is trying to change the cameras to start flashing after one second. Currently it is immediate. Thank you.

Default Re: Ticketed for a Red Light Violation when Light Was Yellow

You're cited with violating what statute? ARS 28-645? That statute does not prohibit entering the intersection on yellow (unless you're a pedestrian).

1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

1. Lights, Signs and Traffic Controls: Red Light Camera Right on Red Violation with No Posted No Turn on Red Light Signs
    By Hryczhoi in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
  2. Lights, Signs and Traffic Controls: LED Yellow Traffic Light Was Invisible Leading to Ticket for Red Light Violation
    By DSWeeneyPelham in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 09:44 AM
  3. Lights, Signs and Traffic Controls: Ticketed for Failure to Stop at a Red Light when I Had Stopped for the Yellow Light
    By LA2010 in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 07:31 PM
  4. Lights, Signs and Traffic Controls: Stop Light Violation - Light Turned Red After Entering Intersection
    By jon.ktel in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 12:46 PM
  5. Lights, Signs and Traffic Controls: Ticketed For A Red Light Violation, But Assessed A Higher Fine
    By gmorgan07 in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 07:02 AM

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources