Default No Notice for Insurance Being Terminated

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Hawaii

When I got unemployed due to company filing bankruptcy, I had signed up for MEDquest for my health insurance. I had gotten a fever one night so I went into the ER. When I went to walgreen to pick up my prescriptions, they had told me I was no longer a member. So I was unable to get my prescriptions without paying about 200 dollars. A month later I received a bill from the hospital for about $2,000 for that one night just for having a fever. They said I was terminated and they didn't tell me why and just told me to contact MEDquest. I was never able to get a hold of the person responsible for the discontinue of my insurance. I had never received any notice prior going into the hospital stating that I was no longer on that plan... If I had knew, I would never have gone into the ER for a fever. I am trying to fight this case and don't know who or what type of attorney I would need to hire. Can anyone help me out?

Default Re: No Notice for Insurance Being Terminated

You will need to find out when and why your insurance was discontinued. We can't do that for you. Are we to assume you always paid your premium on time, and that all of your checks cleared, documenting that fact? You never received any correspondence about the termination or a refund of any portion of your premiums?

1. Sponsored Links