Default Charged With Shoplifting Three Months After Incident

They arrested me at work and put out a holly bench warrant. Apparently they decided to press charges after all so i do have a court date. I think it has been three months or close to that since I did it. I asked the guy what was going on that I never heard anything about a court date and he said they probably decided to press charges after the fact anyways. What the hell so if you were in trouble even if the police were not involved be careful they will possiblly come to your work and home and arrest you 3 months down the road when they decide to get around to it.

Some courts are flat backed up with cases and it takes time to get them filed. Plus in most states they have up to 1 yr to file.....yeah I know it stinks.

Default Sucks

well what really sucks is when I got caught shopliftin they said dont worry we will not contact your work. I should have never gave them my work address and said I was unemployed and just gave them my home address. Also when the cops picked me up thinking about it now they never read me my rights. What do you think of that.

The police picking you up at work had nothing to do with LP. All the police have to do is run your social security number. If you pay taxes, your work address is listed. Also, the police don't have to read you your rights unless you are questioned. If there is video, statements etc from the store, there is no reason.

1. Sponsored Links