Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default How to Disestablish Paternity

    My question involves paternity law for the State of: Florida

    Ok, here is my story. I am currently married but seperated, I have a 5 month old son who is not paternally my husbands. I have not yet started to file for divorce. I contacted my local Clerk of Court office to get the necessary paperwork done to dis-establish paternity of my husband and have his name removed from the birth certificate so that the father can then be added and my sons name legally changed. My question is they have ten million steps and forms and what not and are charging a $300 fee to file this petition with the court. Am I better off to just file for my divorce, and I assume this topic will come up when we discuss custody and we can dis-establish paternity at that time?? I am not sure what is best and what is less expensive, as I do not have alot of money for legal matters. Any advice with this matter is greatly appreciated in advance. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Somewhere near Canada

    Default Re: Confused on How to Dis-Establish Paternity

    It's probably going to be easier to do this as part of the divorce proceedings.

    I don't know if you've seen this, but it might explain things a little clearer:

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 10:14 PM
  2. How to Disestablish Paternity After Divorce
    By KJames in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 12:13 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 11:19 PM
  4. Reopening a Divorce to Disestablish Paternity
    By Piscis in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 12:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources