Default How to Disestablish Paternity

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Florida

Ok, here is my story. I am currently married but seperated, I have a 5 month old son who is not paternally my husbands. I have not yet started to file for divorce. I contacted my local Clerk of Court office to get the necessary paperwork done to dis-establish paternity of my husband and have his name removed from the birth certificate so that the father can then be added and my sons name legally changed. My question is they have ten million steps and forms and what not and are charging a $300 fee to file this petition with the court. Am I better off to just file for my divorce, and I assume this topic will come up when we discuss custody and we can dis-establish paternity at that time?? I am not sure what is best and what is less expensive, as I do not have alot of money for legal matters. Any advice with this matter is greatly appreciated in advance. Thank you.

Default Re: Confused on How to Dis-Establish Paternity

It's probably going to be easier to do this as part of the divorce proceedings.

I don't know if you've seen this, but it might explain things a little clearer:

http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/f...ules/901b1.pdf

1. Sponsored Links