Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What Happens If DNA Proves I'm Not the Real Father

My question involves paternity law for the State of: ALABAMA
    I've been through a ugly divorce and I got one of my children in the divorce and she got the other. I was ordered to pay child support on the child she got,and she pays me nothing because the off set of (FAKE INCOME) she provided in court. I do love this child and wouldn't do nothing to hurt this child and through some things that has surfaced up I had no choice but to take a DNA test on this child. It has been stated and proven as of late that she took this child to the other guy parents house and even to his house and continues to tell people that the child isn't mine behind my back. If DNA proves I'm not the biological father and I take her back to court and prove all this should I still be forced to pay her child support.

Default Re: If DNA Proves I'm Not the Real Father, Help Needed

How old is the child?

13 years old and she took the child as a baby to these people homes and has stated it several times to different folks with in the last year he wasn't mine. This child was born while we was married and the question was asked in divorce court had she ever cheated and she said no.

Quote Quoting sad_dad
    View Post
    13 years old and she took the child as a baby to these people homes and has stated it several times to different folks with in the last year he wasn't mine. This child was born while we was married and the question was asked in divorce court had she ever cheated and she said no.
    There is NO CHANCE that paternity will be disestablished. At. All. That you would put your 13 yo through this is really rather deplorable.

Angry Re: If DNA Proves I'm Not the Real Father, Help Needed

Quote Quoting Baystategirl
    View Post
    There is NO CHANCE that paternity will be disestablished. At. All. That you would put your 13 yo through this is really rather deplorable.
    For starters I'm not putting my 13 yr through anything. I would never walk away from him, but his mom doesn't even take well care of him and the money she recieves now , she never buys any clothes or anything for him. I continue to have to spend on this child and always will. But it's time for some changes. Don't try and label me as a dead beat man... because I'm not! I asked a question that's all.

If this child's welfare was actually your priority, the question wouldn't have even been raised.

If Mom isn't taking care of him, why don't you file for custody?

Quote Quoting Baystategirl
    View Post
    My love for him and doing for will never stop , but being forced to pay and she laughs about it isn't right. I do believe all the state child laws need to be rewrote and consider the man.

NO. The laws need to consider THE CHILD.

You love him, but you don't want to support him?

Default Re: What Happens If DNA Proves I'm Not the Real Father

If the test proves I'm not the biological father I shouldn't be forced to pay through garnisments of my wages, but will continue to take care of him like I'm doing now by buying the things he need and giving him the love he needs and not buying Tvs and monitors and not buying clothes or anything for the child like his mom is doing now. I did fill for cusdoty of him as well as my other child. The courts awarded her the younger child and I got the oldest child. Folks for once thier could be a bad $$ loving mom here and a hard working man that wants the money to go to the right use for the kid. If I would have gotten cusdoty of the younger child and all this new stuff came to the surface, I still would have gotten the DNA and if he shows not to be my biological child I still would keep him in my home and never drop a ounce of love for him like I want now.

Default Re: What Happens If DNA Proves I'm Not the Real Father

I think you need to leave things the way they are. Child is way too old. Do you want his name changed? College expenses are coming around for him. It sounds like "I love the child, but". There are no buts. Let's say you get out of support. Okay, "Dad" I need help with college. You said you would help no matter what. Well, would you? Or would "real" Dad be responsible.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast