Angry Easement Blunder with Nutty Neighbor

I have been here for about 8 years and had no problems until someone moved into the house in the front about 2 1/2 years ago. Their 15 unleashed dogs running wild and then there's the Easement. Myself and my Immediate Neighbor stated on our Deeds a Utility Easement right of way to access our homes and run out Utilities under it. I have maintained from day one. The New neighbors in the front have a pond and their OWN driveway on the other side of the pond for which they found it to their advantage to use MY Easement so that they don't have to upkeep theirs leading to driving across the grass to get to it which is rutting and messing up my Phone line. I have filled holes today with material brought in by Semi truck and not to my surprise, She is out in the driveway (MINE) digging holes and taking the dirt somewhere on her property. I want to lay stone and timber the edges to keep the stone where it is and block their access to it altogether since they DO have a driveway that leads to a garage at their house. Is this ok? Mad in North Carolina

Default Re: Easement Blunder with Nutty Neighbor

It may be okay; you would have to check (a) local zoning to see if you're permitted to install the stone and timber (and if you need a permit) and (b) confirm that the utility easement doesn't forbid the installation of the stone and timber.

1. Sponsored Links