Thumbs down Right Turn Automated Red Light Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

This is what is stated on my ticket (No this is not a snitch ticket, I wish it was):
    CVC 21453(a)
    Yellow Time : 3.9
    Red Time : 0.60

I would like to mention that the ticket was issued to my father because the car is under his name, but I was the one driving. My driving record has been perfect for the last two years(probably doesn't mean a thing but I thought I would include that info).

The video from www.viewyourticket.com/TicketViewerCA_LA states I'm under CVC 21453(b), but my ticket that was mailed to me states CVC 21453(a). Would this alone be grounds for dismissal?

The ticket states a 0.60 red light. That's not even one second before the green arrow light turns on in the video.

I was advised to call the LAPD and ask for a person who has the ability to dismiss tickets. The operator said only the Judge has the ability to do that. Was the operator bullshitting me? or is this fact? Do I stand a chance winning this ticket? I find it pretty ridiculous being how the red (circular) light is on for less than a second and being charged $436.

Please advise!!!

Default Re: Right Turn Automated Red Light Ticket

First of all, it's not YOUR ticket -- it's your father's. He should be able to show the court that HE was NOT the driver. If so, the ticket will be dismissed. Now, if your father decides to tell the court that it was YOU who was driving, THEN it becomes YOUR problem. But, that will take the issuance of a whole new ticket.

Barry

Default Re: Right Turn Automated Red Light Ticket

Yes I understand that it isn't my ticket; unfortunately, my father is a very busy business man, and hes' got no time waiting in court period. I'll respect that because in the end it was me driving.

What about the discrepancies between cvc codes?

and

does the LAPD have a person that dismisses tickets? or was the operator lying to me?

1. Sponsored Links