Default P.I. Resources

What books would you recommend for someone training to become a private detective, and what reliable/trustworthy sources (internet database or otherwise) would you suggest for obtaining research information on a case that involves skip tracing?

Default Re: P.I. Resources

There are a large number of books on skip tracing, some quite expensive. If you're near a major university, you may want to check to see if they have any in their collections so you can save the cost of buying them.

Who do you picture that your clients might be?

Default Re: P.I. Resources

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    There are a large number of books on skip tracing, some quite expensive. If you're near a major university, you may want to check to see if they have any in their collections so you can save the cost of buying them.

Who do you picture that your clients might be?
    Thank you for replying.

I would not mind making the worthwhile purchases if the addition to my bookshelf would aid me as a reference whenever convenient. Can you recommend the better titles?

I'd largely prefer that my clientele base be composed of (but of course not limited to) people searching for missing persons they care about or finding those that may have taken said persons against their will. Or just locate them in general if they wish not to be found and report to my customer if they are doing alright, etc. I grew up in a household where both my parents abandoned me in my teen years and my empathy for others in similar situations drive me into this field.

1. Sponsored Links