Default Can a Minor Move In With Us After He Turns 18

I hope someone can help. My son has a friend who will be 18 soon. This friend wants to move in with my family after he turns 18. His mother is not happy about this at all. I want to know if he moves in with us after he turns 18, can she make him come home and am I breaking any laws by allowing him to live with us after he turns 18? I have researched all over the internet and get confusing facts. Some say at 18 he can do as he pleases but then I read on other places and it says that in the state of Mississippi he is not able to move out until he is 21. I want to make sure no one can get in trouble and that she can't drag him back home if he doesn't want to go.

Default Re: Can a Minor Move In With Us After He Turns 18

Although one is not considered an "adult" in Mississippi until the age of 21, the age of majority - the age at which you may enter into contracts, buy property, and make decisions about where you live for yourself - is 18.

Default Re: Can a Minor Move In With Us After He Turns 18

I can see where that allows the minor to enter into contracts but I see nothing that would allow self emancipation due to the age. Am I missing something in there?

1. Sponsored Links