Angry Can I Be Legally Required to Obtain an Ignition Interlock

My question involves criminal law for the state of:Pennsylvania. I received my 1st Restoration Requirement Letter on 12/3/09 which did not require me to obtain an Ignition Interlock License at that time.I sent everything in as required and 3 weeks later received a 2nd letter stating I had to obtain a Ignition Interlock.My DUI occurred in PA on Aug 30th of 2003 when ACT 63 was still in effect with the ''OPT OUT'' option.I served the additional voluntary 12 month suspension of my license in 2008 thru 2009 for a total of 24 months suspension believing that I would be excluded from the 1 year mandatory ignition interlock program.Can the state of Pennsylvania still legally require me to obtain an ignition interlock license even though my DUI occurred before Sept 30th 2003 when the new ACT 24 law was signed into law?(ACT 24 LAW - Ignition Interlock
    Drivers who receive a second or subsequent DUI violation on or after September 30, 2003, can no longer serve an additional one year suspension in lieu of obtaining an ignition interlock device. Drivers are required to install ignition interlock on all vehicles owned (including leased) before driving privileges can be restored.

Default Re: Can I Be Legally Required to Obtain an Ignition Interlock

I believe you asked the same question here;

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93028

1. Sponsored Links