Question Traffic Violation Notice (Right on Red) from Redflex Traffic System "Snitch Ticket"

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California (Southern)

Am I Obligated to Respond to a Traffic Violation Notice (Right on Red) from Redflex Traffic System which says "Do Not Call The Court Regarding this Notice". I researched online and it looks like this type of notice is called a "Snitch Ticket".

Anyone who has dealt with this Issue or spoke with an Traffic Attorney regarding this issue please respond?

Additional Details
    Just to add, that it does have the picture, but does not say what the fine is & where to pay. It asks me to identify the driver and mail it back to Redflex Office in Phoenix,Arizona with a copy of drivers license.

Default Re: Traffic Violation Notice (Right on Red) from Redflex Traffic System "Snitch Ticke

Just ignore it.

Default Re: Traffic Violation Notice (Right on Red) from Redflex Traffic System "Snitch Ticke

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    Just ignore it.
    That's what I'd do.

Thank you.

ignore?? i don't have to send them a picture id of myself to tell them that i'm not the driver.. or do they know that already?

Dear USCNiceChap,

Can I ask you how things turned out? I recieved the same notice last week. A houseguest from Quebec (Canada) was here and borrowed my car (registered to a company). He didn't come to a complete stop before going right on red in Oakland, CA (edged through the light at 14 mph). The "Traffic Violation Notice" with pictures of him driving (he is a 30 yo white male) and the car arrived. It includes a signature from a cop and badge number, a statement not to contact the court, and a request to identify the driver and his license then send the info back to Phoenix, Arizona.

Note: this is not a DMV traffic ticket with a court hearing date, an amount to be paid, a deadline, or any of the other features defined on the DMV website as a bona fide citation.

Many people online seem to suggest ignoring this but I am concerned that if I do, the Oakland police will simply send out a formal ticket citing the registered owner of the car (a company), or one of the other male members of my household (there's only 1 actually, a 61 year old male). I am also worried that they might put a lien on registration of the car next year if they get truly desperate. I have no problem paying this fee if _not_ paying will result in any of the above issues. I do not have time to go to court.

basically, they have to prove it was you driving the car. otherwise they can't fine you or put a point on your license. You will most likely need to go to court to fight your citation.

1. Sponsored Links