Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: 14 Year Old Runaway

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Let me try once more.

She can absolutely choose someone to be her guardian.

And this is completely worthless if her parents do not agree, hence "SHE cannot arrange guardianship herself".

Make sense now?
    Let ME try once more. Are you an attorney? If not I can post a thread in a forum asking for legal advice from random people and you may feel free to chime in. We can assume the parents wont agree but if that's the case we could just as easily assume that they would.

Have fun with that.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Have fun with that.
    Whatever makes you feel important and intelligent. Even if it is being condescending to a 14 year old.

By your own quote, the parental consent of BOTH parents is required. Nowhere does your quote say that the decision of the 14 year old is binding on the parents or the courts.

A 14 year old does not have an overriding right to choose her own guardian - do you like that better?

Quote Quoting dearbravesheep
    View Post
    Whatever makes you feel important and intelligent. Even if it is being condescending to a 14 year old.

A 14 year old attorney?

That IS novel!

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    A 14 year old attorney?

That IS novel!
    When I said I was an attorney I was being sarcastic. I would expect the guy who mows my lawn to know that.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    By your own quote, the parental consent of BOTH parents is required. Nowhere does your quote say that the decision of the 14 year old is binding on the parents or the courts.

A 14 year old does not have an overriding right to choose her own guardian - do you like that better?
    By your own post, the child can't choose who they want as a guardian. Nowhere did I intend it to say that it is legally binding I simply stated that the child may elect their guardian and with the parents consent that makes it a non-issue. You are putting words in my mouth simply because I reminded you that in YOUR state a child may choose who they would like to have as their guardian at the age of 14.

Wait wait.. you aren't an attorney either are you? I thought this "expertlaw" website was a place people could go seeking help from an actual expert rather than people who just troll all day to make themselves feel special. I am sorry if you never went law school but isn't it a little pathetic to try and pretend to be one on the internet? Sheesh I thought kids my age were sad.

The rules of the site very clearly spell out that not everyone who responds will be an attorney.

I am very well aware of what the laws of my state say, thank you very much. You are trying to make them say that a 14 year old can choose their own guardian and that the court is required to agree to it as long as the parents agree. That is not the case. And I do know that for an absolute fact.

But hey, you're a 14 year old genius who knows the law better than those who have had experience with it; by all means, go into court and tell the judge what he's required to do.

I don't have to answer questions from a smart-mouthed brat who thinks he knows it all. Have fun with the court system; you're going to need it.

I predict the same question will be asked in one or two other "places" soon, cbg

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    The rules of the site very clearly spell out that not everyone who responds will be an attorney.

I am very well aware of what the laws of my state say, thank you very much. You are trying to make them say that a 14 year old can choose their own guardian and that the court is required to agree to it as long as the parents agree. That is not the case. And I do know that for an absolute fact.

But hey, you're a 14 year old genius who knows the law better than those who have had experience with it; by all means, go into court and tell the judge what he's required to do.

I don't have to answer questions from a smart-mouthed brat who thinks he knows it all. Have fun with the court system; you're going to need it.
    Once again you are putting words in my mouth. I am well aware that any 14 year old can't pick their own guardian and it be a done deal, I have said that AND reiterated myself obviously that did no good. If you are well aware of the state laws then why did this 14 year old have to remind you that "at the age of 14 a child may elect a guardian" and with parental consent it will then be a done deal. You have experience with the law being an HR manager? Sure Human Resources has SOME things to do with law but when you think about it, what job doesn't?

Come on man, I am a freshman don't get your feelings too hurt now. Sure ANYONE can chime in with whatever unprofessional advice they want but would you want to get medical advice from someone who isn't and never has been a doctor? Sure they can say they 'know' about medical stuff and have 'experience' with it but does that make them qualified? Don't worry, I will let you get back to feeling that false sense of importance, I am done with putting your adult ass in place.

Hon, go do your homework.

You have received the LEGALLY CORRECT responses - and quite early on, too.

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast