Default Ticket for Driving While License is Revoked

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: North Carolina.

My Fiance's drivers license is suspended. We are trying to get everything taken care so that he can get his license back. He has a "driving while license is revoked" ticket from Mecklenberg County, NC on his license and I'm being told that I need to talk to the DA's office. It's my understanding that this ticket could carry an additional 1-year suspension.

I'm trying to find out how we can get this expunged, if at all possible. It was a really bad time in his life and lots of things were falling through the cracks including taking care of this. Anyone have any suggestions. We cannot afford legal help and I have not received a call back from the DA's office yet. I just received all of this information this morning. He needs to get his license back and I need all the help I can get.

Thanks all.

Default Re: Ticket for Driving While License is Revoked

Why would you be told that you need to talk to a D.A. about your fiancÚ's ticket? He should be the one making the call. Presumably this relates to trying to negotiate a plea bargain?

You haven't told us why his license is suspended. It may make a difference if it's due to unpaid tickets, as opposed to (for example) a DUI. The D.A. may be willing to give him a break if he gets his license reinstated (assuming he's eligible) prior to the court hearing; but I can only speculate, as I'm not able to actually discuss the case with the D.A.

1. Sponsored Links