Default Fender Bender in Tennessee - Expired Insurance Given, No Police Report

My question involves a traffic accident in the State of: Tennessee

A couple of days ago, I skidded into the back of a vehicle because of the snow. My bumper got torn apart, but the vehicle I hit only had minor scratches. It was cold so the other guy didn't think it was necessary to file a police report. I was nervous and pulled out my insurance card out of my wallet and get it to him so he could get my information. He got my insurance information and my cell phone number. He said it was very unlikely he would claim anything, but he just wanted to take it for precautions. I told him to MAKE SURE he called me if there was any excessive damage because I did not want a claim on my insurance.

Today, I got a call from his insurance agent that left me a voice mail asking me to call her back so she could get my insurance information. I was wondering why she called me because he already had my info...well, I checked my wallet and it had my old insurance card in it. I changed insurance agencies a few months ago and forgot to change the card in my wallet.

So, he has my old companies expired insurance information. I am unsure if he got my license plate, but I am inclined to think he did not because I never saw him go to the back of my card to get it, and my insurance card does not have it on there.

My question is, what can he do? Is there anyway he can get my new insurance information and file a claim?

I appreciate your help!

Default Re: Fender Bender in Tennessee - Expired Insurance Given, No Police Report

Obviously, he can sue you.

You make it sound like this was a deliberate act on your part.

Default Re: Fender Bender in Tennessee - Expired Insurance Given, No Police Report

Well, it wasn't a deliberate act. This guy is just trying to get a free new bumber out of the situation...there was literally not a scratch on his car so I don't know why he is trying to make a claim.

The fact of the matter is, he doesn't have any of my information besides my old insurance, maybe my plate, and my cell phone. I just want to know if there is any legal way he can make a claim.

It may be unethical for me to not give his insurance company my new insurance information, but I am looking after myself and doing what is best for me as long as there aren't any legal repercussions.

Is anyone aware of what can happen in this situation?

They know who you are and where you live. Game over.

1. Sponsored Links