Default Can a Protection Order be Issued for Online Harassment

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Illinois

My ex gf started posting negative remarks about me on her Facebook page, most of her "friends" there are also our co workers. My fiance's friend/co worker saw one such negative post and let my fiance know about. My fiance told me about it and I told my ex gf to stop posting negative remarks about me that happened in our previous relationship, to leave the past in the past. She didn't stop and I called her again. Her sister got into the mix by emailing all my fiance's friends/co workers who are also on Facebook. Multiple emails = multiple calls/texts to get her & her sister to stop. She told me one time to stop contacting her and I told her to stop doing what she's doing. She did it one more time and I called her one more time. Next thing I know is that I'm getting served an Order of Protection for telephone harassment. At the same time, I was also in the process of getting an Order against her for online harassment. The judge denied my Order stating that there wasn't an imminent threat of harm even though my ex verbally confronted my fiance's friend. Please let me know if there are any other ways I can get her to stop posting about the past since its causing my fiance & myself emotional stress and creating a hostile job environment. Can I ask another judge for an order stating that she's escalating her behavior from online to the real world which was shown by her confronting my fiance's friend? Thanks.

Also on her Order of Protection against me, it stated that I can't be in her place of employment which is also my place of employment. Can I get that amended so that I won't have to take personal time off until the court date which is 16 days away.

Default Re: Online Harassment

Quote Quoting Triumph955i
    View Post
    The judge denied my Order stating that there wasn't an imminent threat of harm even though my ex verbally confronted my fiance's friend.
    No risk of harm to you. If your fiancée's (fiancé = boy) friend has grounds to get a restraining order, then the friend may seek one.
    Quote Quoting Triumph955i
    View Post
    Also on her Order of Protection against me, it stated that I can't be in her place of employment which is also my place of employment. Can I get that amended so that I won't have to take personal time off until the court date which is 16 days away.
    You had best try. Have you requested a hearing? I suggest getting help from a lawyer, as a lot of people bury themselves at the hearing.

1. Sponsored Links