Default My 30 Day Impound is Almost Up.

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: CA

I was caught driving on a suspended license on Dec. 3rd 2009. On Dec. 31st the vehicle will be eligible for release (according to CHP).
    The problem is that my license is not available to me until Jan. 8th 2010. Another problem is that I am not the registered owner of the vehicle. Nor is my wife. The registered owner is the girlfriend of the car dealer I purchased the vehicle from. I cannot get a hold of her. How do I get my vehicle? Please help. Is there any way I can get another licensed driver, my wife, to get the vehicle after the 30 days is up? Or am I stuck waiting until my license becomes valid and accrue more storage fees?

Default Re: My 30 Day Impound is Almost Up.

You cannot retrieve it until you provide a valid drivers license, proof of insurance, AND proof of legal ownership. Since you're not the registered owner, the GF of the car dealer will have to retrieve it.

Default Re: My 30 Day Impound is Almost Up.

Quote Quoting roguebond
    View Post
    My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: CA

I was caught driving on a suspended license on Dec. 3rd 2009. On Dec. 31st the vehicle will be eligible for release (according to CHP).
    The problem is that my license is not available to me until Jan. 8th 2010. Another problem is that I am not the registered owner of the vehicle. Nor is my wife. The registered owner is the girlfriend of the car dealer I purchased the vehicle from. I cannot get a hold of her. How do I get my vehicle? Please help. Is there any way I can get another licensed driver, my wife, to get the vehicle after the 30 days is up? Or am I stuck waiting until my license becomes valid and accrue more storage fees?
    The registered owner or her agent (representative) can retrieve the vehicle upon payment of the appropriate fees. In some cases the releasing office will want to see TWO licensed drivers - one that will drive everyone to the tow yard, and the other who will drive the car off the impound lot.

If you cannot get a hold of the registered owner, you may lose the vehicle... or, rather, the owner may lose the vehicle.

1. Sponsored Links