Default Prenuptial Agreements Involving Parental Rights

My question involves marriage law for the State of: Louisiana

I am pregnant and getting married. I found out that the man I am marrying (also the father of the baby) has a serious internet sex addiction and has also exposed me to an STD. He is getting help for his issues but I told him I would only marry him if he signed something that states that in the event we divorce, I get full and sole custody of this baby and he would waive all parental rights. He is convinced he can change and do right by me but I want the document as my insurance. We both have children from previous marriages and I know how difficult fighting for custody can be.

Is there such a document we can have signed a notarized that will stand up in court?

Default Re: Prenumps Involving Parental Rights

Quote Quoting jen0
    View Post

I am pregnant and getting married. I found out that the man I am marrying (also the father of the baby) has a serious internet sex addiction and has also exposed me to an STD. He is getting help for his issues but I told him I would only marry him if he signed something that states that in the event we divorce, I get full and sole custody of this baby and he would waive all parental rights. He is convinced he can change and do right by me but I want the document as my insurance. We both have children from previous marriages and I know how difficult fighting for custody can be.

Is there such a document we can have signed a notarized that will stand up in court?
    There is no way a document like that would ever stand up in court ~ not even if someone were helping to hold it up.

And the man has a noted SERIOUS internet sex addiction AND exposed you to STD's...Why are you taking the chance of having a successful marriage at this point, let alone bearing his child?

The STD exposure alone would be a deal killer to me as how can you have a 'normal' personnal relationship while worrying about what your next doctor's visit diagnosis will bring?

I agree that people can change, but most STD's are for life; the only "change" there is dormant or active - it's a no win situation.

Quote Quoting jen0
    View Post

This "agreement" would not be enforcible.

I didn't think this agreement would be legally binding but wanted to check around in case there is something I didn't think of. As far are why I 'm going through with it, I have my reasons. It's a situation where the benefit outweighs the risks in a complex situation and I was not looking for an opinion but legal fact. Thanks to those who were helpful.

1. Sponsored Links