My question involves traffic court in Santa Clara County.
I keep getting the run around from the court and am really irritated by them. I was hoping someone here with experience can direct me.
Goal: obtain traffic and engineering survey
- DA responded via mail saying I need to pick up the survey at the courthouse
1st attempt at courthouse:
- clerk said she has no idea what i'm talking about
- front guard is just as cluess and exceptionally rude
- i call up the DA clerk and she said go back b/c they should have it downstairs in the actual courtroom and isn't in a separate room
2nd attempt at court house:
- arrived roughly 5:30pm on a monday and found a cop and he says it's downstairs
- i go downstairs and it's locked! return to the same officer and he says "you must come back when they have cases going on"
- i do a follow up call the next day and managed to reach the courtroom clerk and ask when i can grab the survey. he says "anytime before 7pm" I clarify saying "i tried and you guys were closed." His response was "well i don't know what to tell you, come in before 7pm." I then ask if there's someone specific I should ask for and he says "one second" and pushes my call back to the beginning of the automatic phone sequence!
Before I try my third attempt, anyone else here manage to successfully receive a copy of the survey at the Santa Clara county courtroom? If so, when, where, who, and how did you get a copy?
This is the most frustrating thing ever and if this is how a typical citizen is treated by our government for a legitimate request/case, I feel sorry for all of us.