Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Text Messages to a Minor

While I was at work i was sending dirty text messages to his cell phone. I got his cell phone number off face-book and took that number to send texts to. Here is the problem the number that was on his face-book was his old number and he had not updated it on face-book and the 3 texts i sent were going to a 10 year old girl. and as soon as i found out that it wasn't him i sent another apologizing and saying sorry for the texts this is the number that i got off his face-book. so the police ended up calling and i explained the story and showed them that the number was still on his face-book and explained the story on how I had no idea that I was sending texts to a 10 year old girl. So i drove like an hour away from home to a different county pd and filled out a statement. They didn't arrest me or anything but they did say they would turn it over to the DA to decide. What possible charges could they file.

Default Re: Text Messages

well, that would depend on what state it is but it is generally illegal to send dirty text messages to a minor.

If you have not already and the number is still on the website, take a screen shot of it for proof.

wisonsin,

Obviously its bad to send dirty texts to minor but that was not the intent. I used the number that he had posted which was his old cell number that had not yet updated?

I understand that and did not condemn you for the situation. You asked what charges could be filed and since you had not included the germane state, that was as good as I could offer.

Dewey...you appear to have a history of doing things to hurt children. I don't know if *this particular incident* was an accident, but you need a good lawyer.

and why are you even sending dirty text messages to a guy on facebook who you apparently do not know well enough to even have his phone number.

after reading your other posts, Dewey, I think you might seriously want to consider magique's direction.

wel yes the incident is an accident if i sent texts knwoing it was a 10 year old girl i would be in jail right now. And i would never do anything sexual to a 10 year old. just wanted people opnion on what charges they could file. in my opinion if they would try to get me something for enticing a child it would be an easy case to win since i had no idea a 10 year old was getting the texts and have proof to show and the person who never changed the phone number on facebook had talked to the police and said that was his old number and never updated it.

and i work with the guy so i do know him enough but just didnt know he had a new cell number because i dont talk to him much unless we are at work.

i dont talk to him much unless we are at work.
    Then why would you send him dirty texts?

Holy cats, child. Never send dirty texts to someone you're not already extremely intimately involved with. And even then...still not a smart idea. You don't know who they'll get forwarded to.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Then why would you send him dirty texts?

Holy cats, child. Never send dirty texts to someone you're not already extremely intimately involved with. And even then...still not a smart idea. You don't know who they'll get forwarded to.
    Considering this "person" is a sex offender/baby abuser...Can you really be surprised?

Default Re: Text Messages to a Minor

This is, what, the 4th incident of "accidentally" interacting sexually with a child in the last two years?

Yeah, I don't believe you a bit.

Me, I think you found out the cell was to a child and figured you finally had an "out" ... a good story that would let you send these messages to a child and then not have to pay the price.

You have been too clever by half.

Enjoy prison.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast