Default No Arrest but Record

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Michigan. I went in to get a permit to purchase for a hand gun and they had to run a background check on me. Now I've had background checks before for jobs and volunteer work but this time something came up. It was a crinal sexual assault however, charges were never filed and I was never arrested let alone convicted (btw it is from when I was 14 years old) now afraid of what this might do to me because I am studying to go into law enforcement and dream of going into federal law enforcement. Will this effect me and is there any way to get rid of this?

Default Re: No Arrest but Record

You would have to tell us more about what is showing up for us to be able to figure out how it might affect you. Are you telling us that you were formally charged, but that the charge was dismissed before you had to go to court?

Default Re: No Arrest but Record

I was never formally charged in fact it happend in school and they looked into it asking other students it was he said she said, I never even knew they went to the police. I was never charged at all, no contact from the police, a lawyer, or even the school about the charges. Never went to court, so when i went to get a license to purchase they said that something containing a criminal sexual assault came up after looking into it they said it as nothing and I got my license to purchase but it bothers me that this came up.

1. Sponsored Links