Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Civil Demands at Urban Outfitters

Mickey, dear dear Mickey,

You shoplifted and admitted so on this site. whether you signed something or not is irrelevent at this point.

Police were called and a citation issued - hence an impending court date On top of that you'll have attorney, filing, and civil demand fees. Also take into account probation, jail time (if any), a criminal record, community service, etc. if found guilty.

Sir, don't simply think that just because YOU didn't sign anything you're in the clear; the stores attorney and prosecutor will argue otherwise.

Humble yourself, admit your mistake (and be sincere about it), take and abide by what the judge throws your way, and learn from it.

Actually, I would love this kid to not admit his mistake, to use the "It was only a $24 wallet, what's the big deal" attitude in court. And I'd love to be a fly on the wall while the judge reams him up one side and down the other....

Quote Quoting PandorasBox
    View Post
    Actually, I would love this kid to not admit his mistake, to use the "It was only a $24 wallet, what's the big deal" attitude in court. And I'd love to be a fly on the wall while the judge reams him up one side and down the other....
    Yeah. Here's the big deal kid. You stole big time! YOU didn't have a misunderstanding situation like what I faced (why am I talking about this **** again? ) Stealing merchandise is not only wrong but there's a nasty consequence for the innocent consumers out there. Now, thanks to the kid's stupidity and denial, all of us will have to pay higher prices for our favorite items. Oh well! Shopping before Christmas is useless now.

Ant29: Bear in mind this was 15+ years before I actually did try to steal (at a different store) and got caught.

I worked at a major retailer for 4.5 years. I was terminated because I stood up for myself - you want me to do this other job, fine - but I won't do it again until I get the correct wage. (Union was useless).

So for the next 7 months - anytime I went into that store, I had 3 LP people on my ass. I could be wearing short-shorts, halter top, flip flops, and carrying my wallet and keys in hand and would still be followed. Stopped at the door once "What's in your hand" - showed 'em my car keys. "Oh, ok...."

I finally got tired of it. Had a talk with a friend who worked there, who had a talk with the LP people. Made it known - if you want to keep having 3 people follow me, you best have suspicious behavior on tape, because if it continues, I will be seeing a lawyer.

I was not followed around again.

I totally understand the reasoning - but 7 months? Come on....

PandorasBox, do you know if stores close up due to numerous negative reports? I'm just wondering because I saw one less location of the stupid convenient store chain in my area. >:/

Maybe it's a sign of karma getting back at them? ^___^

I have no idea on that. Businesses close for various reasons....

One major retailer here went out of business, sold most stores to Kroger. That chain was great, but prices were high. I wrked as a Route Merchandiser for a while, so it was obvious: Prices are for a bottle of Lindemans Wine:

Farmer Jack: $8.99
    CVS: $8.99
    Kroger: $8.59
    Spartan: $8.29
    Meijer: 7.69
    WalMart: 7.49

You look at those prices and tell me where people are most and least likely to purchase the item at....

Convenience stores are more likely to go out of business than a Pharmacy or a Big Box store....the big boxes have more volume, more advertising, more power to negotiate prices from suppliers....

View Post
    I have no idea on that. Businesses close for various reasons....

One major retailer here went out of business, sold most stores to Kroger. That chain was great, but prices were high. I wrked as a Route Merchandiser for a while, so it was obvious: Prices are for a bottle of Lindemans Wine:

Farmer Jack: $8.99
    CVS: $8.99
    Kroger: $8.59
    Spartan: $8.29
    Meijer: 7.69
    WalMart: 7.49

You look at those prices and tell me where people are most and least likely to purchase the item at....

Convenience stores are more likely to go out of business than a Pharmacy or a Big Box store....the big boxes have more volume, more advertising, more power to negotiate prices from suppliers....
    Definitely Walmart, but prices in Hawaii are higher. It's around $11-$16 or something like that. Out of these stores, only two of them are in the islands.

Of course, I forgot to mention this:

While the company I worked for did not negotiate prices with stores...they did charge a Split Case fee ($20 for each box opened). So if they ordered 3 bottles of 4 different wines (as opposed to a case of each), there was an extra $80 charged.

One store was amazingly stupid: The receiver wanted no backstock at all: So we'd have to order 5 1.5 liter bottles out of a 6-bottle case.

6 bottles at $5.00 each = $30.00
    5 bottles at $5.00 each + $20 split case fee = $45.00. Now the buy-in cost is $9.00 bottle average....

Should have been a no-brainer, right?

PS: Hawaii - sounds beautiful but expensive. I also have heard it takes up to a month to get mail?

View Post
    Of course, I forgot to mention this:

While the company I worked for did not negotiate prices with stores...they did charge a Split Case fee ($20 for each box opened). So if they ordered 3 bottles of 4 different wines (as opposed to a case of each), there was an extra $80 charged.

One store was amazingly stupid: The receiver wanted no backstock at all: So we'd have to order 5 1.5 liter bottles out of a 6-bottle case.

6 bottles at $5.00 each = $30.00
    5 bottles at $5.00 each + $20 split case fee = $45.00. Now the buy-in cost is $9.00 bottle average....

Should have been a no-brainer, right?

PS: Hawaii - sounds beautiful but expensive. I also have heard it takes up to a month to get mail?
    yeah prices are higher. Pizza Hut is a RIP OFF in my area. A month to get mail? No, I order all the time from the mainland and it takes three days (west coast) to two weeks (east coast). Since I am very impatient, I always buy from the west coast. Mail is delivered on a daily basis.

$!5.99 for a Cheesy Bites Pizza!
    $7.49 for 10 Buffalo Wings!

Ouch! That is pricy!!!!!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast