Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: What Should the Drinking Age Be in the U.S

Quote Quoting blueeagle
    View Post
    Speak English! This is America, you son of a bitch!

Yeah, I just insulted a fellow member of this here forum!
    My day is done when I've pi$$ed you off; happy new year! I've got 365 days to think of something new. who loves ya'?

Quote Quoting M'sta Mikey
    View Post
    Produce a VALID military ID showing (somehow) CURRENT ACTIVE duty status - 18
    Really? Why is that?

(I assume it's "old enough to give your life for your country, old enough to have a beer or three"?)

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Really? Why is that?

(I assume it's "old enough to give your life for your country, old enough to have a beer or three"?)
    You assume correctly. That's my stance and always has been - it's simply 'my' opinion. There are strong arguments on both sides of this 'debate' but that's neither here-nor-there; the law is the law and until it's changed...

uncle mikey, were you in the military?

Quote Quoting M'sta Mikey
    View Post
    Translation: Tapeworm (a.k.a. BE parasitic infectiousitis)

Drinking age - 21.
    Produce a VALID military ID showing (somehow) CURRENT ACTIVE duty status - 18
    So, in the Reserves but on active duty get screwed. National Guard on active duty gets screwed.

Your argument here makes no sense. You've created the 21 for everyone except those old enough to fight and die for the country, and who have the kind of military ID they don't necessarily get while doing so. That's brilliant.

Quote Quoting ashman165
    View Post
    So, in the Reserves but on active duty get screwed. National Guard on active duty gets screwed.

Your argument here makes no sense. You've created the 21 for everyone except those old enough to fight and die for the country, and who have the kind of military ID they don't necessarily get while doing so. That's brilliant.
    What is brilliant is how you so completely misunderstand. At 30 days of active duty they fill out form DD-1172 and get a new ID card.

Quote Quoting Bubba Jimmy
    View Post
    What is brilliant is how you so completely misunderstand. At 30 days of active duty they fill out form DD-1172 and get a new ID card.
    Perhaps you didn't read what I typed as what you've written falls quite comfortably within the confines of, "they don't necessarily get while doing so." Indeed, there are many people who serve on active duty while keeping their "reserve" or "guard" identification (DDFM 2A) along with a set of their orders bringing them to active duty for a short while.

So, these people would fall into the rubric of serving on active duty, but they'd lack the military ID indicating they're actually on active duty. Sure, they have a set of orders with a control number on them, but it wouldn't seem that bar people would be in the know of what to look for, or even able to verify a control number.

Thank you for your response to what you mistakenly think I said; however, I must point out that it's woefully misplaced as a response to what I actually did write, and its logical necessities.

I'm glad you take such pleasure in impressing yourself.

I would point out to you that anyone who neglects to obtain proper identification to which the are legally entitled sufficient for the purpose they propose to pursue will likely fail to achieve their goal which is to drink a beer that they are legally entitle to drink except for their lack of enabling identification documentation.

Quote Quoting Bubba Jimmy
    View Post
    I'm glad you take such pleasure in impressing yourself.

I would point out to you that anyone who neglects to obtain proper identification to which the are legally entitled sufficient for the purpose they propose to pursue will likely fail to achieve their goal which is to drink a beer that they are legally entitle to drink except for their lack of enabling identification documentation.
    So, you're going to argue that a person called to active duty who as of yet doesn't have his DD FM A indicating he's on active duty must also carry with him a set of his orders upon which is affixed a control number, AND that the service person selling the alcohol must also be competent to examine the more than 50 types of legal ID accepted along with the several types of orders bringing one to active duty along with the various services' varying methods of generating control numbers.

I suppose it could work.

Or, the easier solution could be the case: there exists a subset of individuals of the set of all individuals in the military who are both on active duty and lack a DD FM 2A indicating they are on active duty, and they would per force be excluded from your little rubric. Of course, this doesn't even touch upon the fact that all males aged 18 are quite obliged to register with the selective service because they are considered able to serve in their nations wars, but by your logic, not yet sufficiently adult to have a beer.

I lived in europe when I was in HS. Kids started drinking in a bar (very rarely) at the age of 14-15(freshman year). For the ones I knew, none became alcohlics or got DUIs, they all now have college education and some have grad degrees. You don't have the cutoff time at 2am so not that many binge drink since they can take their time... I think it's a pretty good sytem.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast