Default Insurance Company is Not Paying Full Compensation

My question involves insurance law for the state of: IL

I had an accident few days back and someone hit me from back and broke by rear bumper. The State farm insurance agent came and checked the bumper. After that they came up with idea that my back bumper was not fully damaged due to accident and they are claiming that it was damaged earlier. However, the damage happened during accident. What should I do in this scenario?

Thanks,

Default Re: Help: Insurance Company is Not Paying Full Compensation

They'll be hoping that you need the money and will settle for a lower amount in order to get what you can immediately. The best approach is to not let them push you around.

Get your own estimates, 3 is a good number. Make sure one comes from a shop that you know is high priced and use that estimate for your number. Don't even give them the other estimates. If the insurance company has a legitimate claim of previous damage, there would be evidence (such as rust inside a crack or dent) that the body shop personnel can see. Assuming there is none, get the body shop to give you a statement that, in their opinion, the damage is all fresh or new. Then stick to your guns, not necessarily on the highest repair number, but on a number that will get the job done at one of the other shops. Be patient and don't give them any impression that you need to settle immediately. That just tells them if they do nothing you'll cave in to their price. This should work; but, if it doesn't, sue the person that hit you (not the insurance company) in small claims court.

Default Re: Insurance Company is Not Paying Full Compensation

Is State Farm your insurance company or theirs? Why do they think it had prior damage? The insurance agent isn't an adjuster, but many insurance companies allow their agents to write checks for small claims.

Statefarm is other party insurance company. Due to current accident there is a scratch and they are telling that it is due to prior damage. They have created a fake story....

Also, before suing the other car driver, do I need to send a letter to other driver...

Quote Quoting skapt
    View Post
    Statefarm is other party insurance company. Due to current accident there is a scratch and they are telling that it is due to prior damage. They have created a fake story....

Also, before suing the other car driver, do I need to send a letter to other driver...
    No you don't.

1. Sponsored Links